Fun Stuff

Monday, April 18, 2005

Quotes

"What is a committee? A group of the unwilling, picked from the unfit, to do the unnecessary."
~ Richard Harkness, The New York Times, 1960

"Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies in the history of the world."
~ Dave Barry

"I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants."
~ A. Whitney Brown

"There's so much comedy on television. Does that cause comedy in the streets?"
~ Dick Cavett, mocking the TV-violence debate

"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~ Dave Barry

"No matter how great your triumphs or how tragic your defeats, approximately one billion Chinese couldn't care less." ~ Lazlo's Chinese Relativity Axiom

"Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps." ~ Emo Phillips

"My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right." ~ Ashleigh Brilliant

"I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers." ~ A Bit of Fry and Laurie

"Sacred cows make the best hamburger." ~ Mark Twain

"Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.'" ~ Charlie Brown

"I haven't committed a crime. What I did was fail to comply with the law." ~ David Dinkins, New York City Mayor, answering accusations that he failed to pay his taxes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home